Read this step-by-step guide and learn how to use our Free Web Tool to convert your JSON file to TSV format.
What is a JSON file and What is it used for?
What is a TSV file and What is it used for?
TSV (tab-separated values) stands for a data format consisting of lines of text, where each line is divided into fields separated by tabs. Spreadsheet applications are the most common users of TSV files, as they are used to exchange data between databases. It saves a data table in which each record in the table is presented on a separate line, and tabs are used to delineate the columns of data. The main advantage of the TSV files is that they can be opened with any text editor and they are very compact in size as they don’t contain extra characters like $, &, ~
How To Convert JSON To TSV
Learn how to use the Brag HQ free online tool to convert your JSON file to a TSV
format by following the steps outlined below.
1. Visit the homepage of Brag Tools using this link or type tools.braghq.com in your browser.
2. The homepage will look like the screenshot below. Locate the site’s search bar just below the hero banner and type “JSON to TSV converter”. The tool will probably appear before you finish typing.
3. The JSON to TSV link and icon will appear as shown below. Click on it and it will take you straight to the JSON Converter Tool Box Page where you will paste your JSON File Contents as shown below.
4. Wait for a second for the JSON to TSV Converter page to open after you click on the link as described above. On the page, you will see a textbox field with three(3) buttons in the middle at the bottom (Screenshot below).
5. Copy your JSON file to the clipboard and paste it into the textbox field. (I provided an example JSON file below. You can copy and modify it by following the template), or if you already have a JSON file, just copy and paste it into the box.
"Album":"The White Stripes",
6. Click on the “Convert” button and wait a few seconds for the conversion to finish. Another box will appear at the bottom with the converted TSV format as shown below.
7. That’s all! You can now copy your TSV file to wherever you want to use it.
The link below will take you to the JSON Converter page.